Sunday, April 24, 2011

Post Grad School To-Do List

I have been going to graduate school for what seems like an eternity (5 years!)! So now that I am about 7 days away from graduation, I am starting to think of all the things I want to do with my free time and haven't been able to do in a while....So here is MY list:


1) Dance - I feel like I haven't touched a dance studio nor a stage in about 10 years. I am dying to take a master class in hip-hop or even ballet. I really don't care as long as the class is fun. I can't wait to start calling my old friends for recommendations!
2) Photography - I picked up this little hobby right after my wedding. I bought an SLR camera which has been sitting and collecting dust for the last 2 years. I need to look over and edit the pics I have taken and take classes in photography as well!
3) Read - I do not remember the last time I read a book that was not for a class. I do not think listening to Harry Potter Book on tape counts as reading even if I did do it on my way to- and from- work/school. I need a good book and I have already placed my first order: Parisian Chic.
4) Gym - Go to the gym at least 5 days a week! I always start with a routine, but I would leave it behind as soon as the combination between work and school became more stressful. Probably not the smartest thing, since the endorphins you get from exercise can actually help you feel better and help you de-stress.
5) Travel - I did some traveling while in school, but this time, I really want to take road trips. If I am hired at my ideal job, I'll have the summers off and will be able to take trips around the world which will add on to my photography hobby.
6) Volunteer - I have been involved with a breast cancer charity the last 2 years. I want to continue doing that and if possible become even more involved with my local chapter as a liaison for the team my friends and I created. I have a passion for helping, creating, and winning, I think this can be the trick I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a love note!
It makes my day!
I usually reply via email :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...