Monday, May 12, 2014

Dressing My Greens: Mother's Day Fun!

 Me, Mom, and Diana

I hope everyone enjoyed Mother's Day weekend!!
I know my crazy family did :) It was the second time we hosted a family get-together at my place. But the first time we've used the pool for this type of gathering. And it was so great!!



I also wanted to share a delicious salad dressing recipe with you because, it is just my favorite!!

I love salads...I do, it's kinda sad. The more tangy, sweet, sour, and crunch it has, the more I love it. I feel this salad and its homemade dressing takes the cake for awesomest combo of the above mentioned qualities ;)

Blend the following items:
1 small white onion
1 tsp salt
1 tbs dijon mustard
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil
*Once blended, stir 1 tsp of poppy seeds to the dressing.

For the salad itself, you will need spinach, golden raisins, Craisins, sliced almonds, and cherry tomatoes.

Family tip: the dressing tastes best if you make it a few days prior to serving. Let it sit in the fridge for a few days if possible. Enjoy and happy blending!!!



What did you do for Mother's Day weekend?

 photo 52abfd94-ed48-4d5e-b617-840056588aaa_zpsb3d9f473.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a love note!
It makes my day!
I usually reply via email :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...